What is going on?
Unless you want your site to be marked by Google as “Not Secure” in the URL bar you will need to get a SSL certificate for your website. Right now they are estimating that 2/3rds of the internet will be marked as “Not Secure” while business owners and others catch up.
Why this is good?
Bottom line is most websites have text and even more have contact forms or other ways customers interact. To make sure you keep their information safe you need to have a SSL Certificate installed.
What is SSL Certificate
“SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.”
Basically, it keeps your information and the customers safe.
Why the SSL Certificate is crucial?
Not only does it encrypt any information that transfers between a PC and your website but it helps protect you from cybercriminals. Depending on the level of SSL Certificate you get it can also helps build trust in your brand/website.
Secure your site before Google flags it as “Not Trusted”.
Contact us today about getting your site secured and what solution works best for your situation.
A “Domain name” is very different from “Web Hosting”. They are actually two very different things.
Here is a little example:
– The “Domain name” is like the address of your home or what tells others where you are at.
– The “Web Hosting” is like the place where you physically put your couch, bed, etc. are.
Hope this helps a little!
Truth be know, email marketing is still consider to be a more valuable tool than having a website. Sadly though, many people skip over this important tool or don’t use it properly. Many even say email is more important than social media!
No, email marketing is not dead and it’s still a great way to build loyalty, trust and brand awareness.
To help on this here are a few books we recommend.
Email Persuasion by Ian Brodie
Email Marketing for Dummies by John Arnold
Brilliant Email by Email Marketing for Dummies
Declutter Your Inbox by S.J. Scott
Email Marketing Rules by Chad S. White
Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
The ideal email address is short, simple and logical. Free email addresses from places like Gmail or Hotmail are often long, confusing and very impersonal. If you want to create right impression you should really use one that includes your domain name and leads someone to your website.
With each one of our hosting packages we include domain email because we know that it is crucial to helping you establish credibility. It lets folks know you are a real company with real employees, products and services.
You see, your domain name is your online brand. It not only gives you’re a presence on the Internet but when someone hears your email address it authenticates you and your products or services. I mean less face it, nothing is less authenticating than a free email address from Google.
We offer email services with most of our web hosting plans. So you can access your email via webmail or you can use an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird which connects via a POP/IMAP. You can even use your mobile device (ie. your iPhone).
Choosing your domain name is important. Before you buy a new domain name you should do your homework. Here are a few quick pointers to help out.
– Research, research, research – Find similar sites or competitors and see their names. You can start by using Compete.com.
– See if there is a domain name that was already used but is available for you to buy. If the domain is popular enough or has the best key words it may help people find you faster.
– Make sure you domain name is easy to remember. Don’t use odd spellings or have a dash or hyphen. –
– Stay away from slang terms that may end up being meaningless in 10 years.
– Try to get a short domain name if possible. It is faster to type and remember.
– Stick with the .com if at all possible. It is most common and what most folks will type first.
– Stray away from domain names that sound too much like someone else.
– Stay away form using numbers. It is confusing to know whether to type it out or use the digit.
– See if your desired domain name is available on social media? It is always better to use the same domain in various places online.
Tell the world about…YOU!
As a business you need to have an effective online presence so your customers who search for your services or products online can find you and then do business with you.
We can help! We have worked with internet marketers like search engines, social media outlets, shopping comparison sites and more for years. Our expertise in Internet marketing and setting strategy is based on our personal experience.
Internet marketing means marketing your business online. It may be via client review portals, discussion forums, social media, etc. You can determine a lot from an SEO analysis of your current website. From there you can optimize it. We can help you see if your website is optimized for reaching the first page of popular search engines on your target product or service keywords.
We work to have your marketing strategy with an eye to make the maximum ROI (Return on Investment). The content of your website is very important.
It is important that you get quality links to your website, but it is also important that you don’t try to spam search engine robots. Aside from hiring Calebweb.com to help maximize how any search engines views you, here are a couple things that you can do too.
- Write articles for other blogs or websites. This will not only increase links back to you for search engine purposes but it will allow more people to find you.
- Reply to comments and make post on Message boards or in forums.
On both of the above suggestions make sure you are genuinely helping others or providing quality information that in the long run leads back to you.
It’s hard to believe that there was actually a time when Flash was a popular approach for websites, but those days are long gone. Unfortunately Flash has become nothing more than an archaic relic from days gone by that doesn’t even work in most modern browsers without making security exceptions. The trend as of this post has become technologies like HTML5, canvas and responsive web design.
We have been asked many times in the last couple of years if we think businesses should stop using Adobe Flash. There is a simple answer we give. YES! Here are a few quick reasons why we believe this to be the case.
- Device Issues – Back in 2010 Apple stopped putting Flash on their devices and eventually they stopped supporting it at all.
- Browser Issues – Most browsers no longer support or recommend Flash because of the issues it caused (like your PC crashing).
- Search Engine Issues – A great way to make sure your business and your site are not seen is to use Flash. Since search engines are unable to view the content they have no way to bring customers to you.
- Calls to End Flash – Major players in the industry are calling for an end to Flash, including the top security officer at Facebook.
So if your website uses Adobe Flash not only are your days numbered, but many people, potential customers and even search engines can’t even view your website. So yes, it’s time to upgrade.
Social media is important for any business in today’s world and Instagram continues to be one of the most effective forms of social media marketing. Not only are there over 500 million active users per month but it is so easy to snap a photo and post.
Here is why we feel Instagram is so important to businesses, especially those in smaller towns like those in Pickaway County.
Post and run
1) Well, simply put, Instagram is SO EASY to make a post right from your mobile device. Just open the app, take a photo, and post. Once you get more comfortable start to put hashtags on your keywords too. The best part is the post can literally be made in seconds!
Taking a photo is easy
2) Sometimes it may seem difficult to come up with content to promote your business. With Instagram you just point, shoot and post.
Introduce your business
3) You may be surprised how many people don’t even know you are “in town” or they never took the time to stop. With social media post it allows you to introduce your business in a quick easy way that will allow them to see more of what you are about. Your products, services, you and anything else that helps to to introduce your brand to the community.
Tell them where you are
4) With Instagram and Foursquare joining their databases together this will help people see where your location is. As they browse their Instagram feed they not only can find you but where you are.
5) Since links are not allowed on Instagram most followers never really feel they are getting “SPAM” from your business account. Likewise, if you want people to “follow” you make sure you upload interesting photos of your product or service.
Without a doubt Instagram is probably one of the simplest ways of sharing and marketing your business. From the busy owner to employees. It helps build your brand, tell others about you and increase your online presence. Set up an Instagram account today or if you need help please feel free to contact us here at Calebweb.com and we can help.
Get your web designing and development jobs done by a company right here in Circleville, Ohio at a minimal price by web experts.
We offer a variety of services that can satisfy your needs at affordable cost.
- Website Designing and Development Services.
- Upgrade existing Website (with Graphic, PHP and other Content Management System).
- New website for Business
- Catalog design
- Brochure design
- Flyer design
- Facebook covers page design
- …to name a few!
Just let us know which development service you are interested in.