It’s hard to believe that there was actually a time when Flash was a popular approach for websites, but those days are long gone. Unfortunately Flash has become nothing more than an archaic relic from days gone by that doesn’t even work in most modern browsers without making security exceptions. The trend as of this post has become technologies like HTML5, canvas and responsive web design.
We have been asked many times in the last couple of years if we think businesses should stop using Adobe Flash. There is a simple answer we give. YES! Here are a few quick reasons why we believe this to be the case.
- Device Issues – Back in 2010 Apple stopped putting Flash on their devices and eventually they stopped supporting it at all.
- Browser Issues – Most browsers no longer support or recommend Flash because of the issues it caused (like your PC crashing).
- Search Engine Issues – A great way to make sure your business and your site are not seen is to use Flash. Since search engines are unable to view the content they have no way to bring customers to you.
- Calls to End Flash – Major players in the industry are calling for an end to Flash, including the top security officer at Facebook.
So if your website uses Adobe Flash not only are your days numbered, but many people, potential customers and even search engines can’t even view your website. So yes, it’s time to upgrade.
Yes, the online world is a jungle and that jungle changes VERY fast. Why not get a local small business to help you with that jungle? We can help optimize your website, redesign it (which many times is needed) and we can help you market it.
We can help you!
–> Responsive and mobile design
–> Design face lifting
–> Theme / template set up
–> Marketing – SEO, SMM, SEM etc..
–> Website maintenance (hourly or fixed cost on a monthly basis)
Contact us today to help you with the online jungle.
Here are some signs that it’s time to invest in an updated professional website design:
- Your website still has a “hit counter” from 1998. Sorry, but the fact that a “hit counter” is on a business site at all is not a good thing.
- Using a common or uncommon font passes muster for a logo. Professional logos are important.
- Your bounce rate is consistently above 60%.
- Instead of a contact form you have a link to your email address. Not only does it open you up to more spam but most computers will pop open Outlook or software most customers do not use.
- The head shot photos of you and/or your staff make you look young and beautiful but in reality are dated by about 15-20 years.
- No one is visiting your website. Not good.
- You have bright blinding colors and/or flashing banners that may induce seizures.
- You have giant gaping holes of unused “blankness” and out of place white-space.
- You use an extensive amount of “Flash” on your front page on throughout your entire website. Oh my is this not good.
- When someone visits www. Your Company Web Address. com, it says “404 error,” and it’s been like that for a very, very long time.
- No one can figure out what you’re selling.
- Your website says, “Under Construction”.
- Your website reads: “Parked courtesy of …”
If your website shows any of these “symptoms,” please contact us now! We not only offer awesome website design but we host the websites ourselves.
Are you ready to get a new website started? We design your site to connect with your customers by:
1) Instantly conveying your brand value.
2) Establishing your experience, your expertise, and your trustworthiness.
All our web design projects are rooted in a strong strategy.
We are a Circleville, Ohio based company and we know that without strategic vision, new technologies are meaningless.
Ask for a free evaluation on how we can help move your business or organization forward.
We know that antiques and re-purposing is hot these days but nothing says, “joke” like a website that doesn’t work on a mobile device properly or that has a design like that well, just looks bad.
There’s a high chance that if your website is outdated, it isn’t mobile friendly. If your site doesn’t work well on a mobile screen people are going to leave frustrated, without making a purchase (or finding out more about you) & you won’t reach mobile visitors either. On top of that, Google doesn’t showcase non-mobile friendly sites at the top of the search results!
Outdated websites also come laced with wrong phone numbers, hidden email addresses, broken contact forms and confusing navigation — all red flags, especially to a prospective customer that you may have poor customer service.
Okay, let’s think about this. If you come upon a road that is “under construction” do you want to continue on it or would you prefer to take another route. Let’s be honest, a website is always changing but if you’ve had the “under construction” on your site for the last 6 months you really need to get serious and find some help.
Benefits of updating your website?
– You will turn away less visitors.
– You will turn more of them into paying customers.
– You will reach customers on every device.
– You will direct more customers to call or visit your store.
A website is one of the most effective & valuable forms of marketing available, so you want to be sure it’s working at its best or that you have it in the first place.
Contact Calebweb.com to get your website updated and out of the “under construction” mode.
As a small business ourselves, Calebweb.com works to get your business online at a small business price. From simple 1 page websites to multi page e-commerce sites. We can do it.
Designing your own website can be a daunting task! First you have to find a designer, try to organize all the pages, write your own copy, buy graphics, set up the domain, and so much more. Let us lift this burden for you. Don’t be sidetracked from running your business by the many decisions that need to be made.
Let Calebweb.com help you get your business a website!
Calebweb.com is your local, full service web development & web designing services company.
- Website Design
- Website Management
- Logo Design Services
- Portals & Enterprise Content Management Solutions (Prestashop, WordPress)
- E-Commerce Development & Installation
- Plugins Installation
Contact us to find out more information.
As a business you need to have an effective online presence so your customers who search for your services or products online can find you and then do business with you.
We can help! We have worked with internet marketers like Google, Facebook and various shopping comparison sites for years. Our expertise in Internet marketing and setting strategy is based on our personal experience.
Internet marketing means marketing your business online. It may be via client review portals, discussion forums, social media, etc. We can determine a lot from an SEO analysis of your current website. From there we can optimize it and help search engines and customers find you. We can help your website become optimized to reach top pages of popular search engines on your target product or service keywords.
We work to make your online marketing strategy have the maximum ROI (Return on Investment). The content of your website is very important and the best place to start.
Contact us today to get your site designed with the best search engine optimization.